Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dream, 2008

I was walking along and knew no confusion
my balance was there, and I thought I'd never lose sight of my creator, the one who's will I followed
and I never would have questioned
If it wasn't for my sorrow
Things happen in this life- and in the next I'm sure, that will lead to some sadness, regret, lost hopes of tomorrow
On my walk I experience the setting of sun,
and for a minute, I wasn't sure of which direction to run
However, I did question, and the shadows grew longer
why my light was disappearing,
why I wasn't sure of tomorrow
As the night drew on, I became dreary
I began to fall asleep,
my mind and soul being weary.
I woke up on a hill, near a house that I remember
but no one was there, each breath took forever
I felt so alone, and I remember the tears
and a friend of mine suddenly appeared.
my tears only grew, as I asked him in my mind
why I felt lost
why I couldn't find my guide
It was then that he took me in his arms
and hugged me tight
told me to not be alarmed
he said only a few words that I'll forever
in my heart keep
"don't follow a book or the world, follow me."

No comments:

Post a Comment